Thursday, May 19, 2011

THE BRUTE

I keep stopping to look at the photo of 'Trellick Tower' in my hallway that husband took when we lived in London. It really is an amazing piece of architecture. We had a perfect view of it out of our flat and it became a real symbol to us of living in London. I must admit though I was quite afraid of the tower and its status as a council house building. I would feel on edge everytime we walked past it to get to Portobello Rd, but it never failed to leave me with a sense of awe for the Brutalist architecture. The building was designed by Erno Goldfinger (love that name!) and completion of the building occurred in 1972. Trellick Tower is located in North Kensignton.


Husband heading towards the tower during the Notting Hill Carnival on Portobello Rd




The top three photos were taken out of our flat window. Harrow Road is in the second shot.


Photograph in my hallway of Trellick Tower shot using slide film by husband. View is from the bridge over the canal on Great Western Rd


same view and film again. Nostalgic much??!

all images by designblok

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...