Thursday, March 24, 2011

THE FOLLY

Oh London how I miss thee.. Husband and I spent a year and a half living in London which was over 3 years ago now. We have not been back since and I really do miss it at times. I particularly miss feeling very inspired by design, every where I turned there was something new and inspiring to look at. My eyeballs definitely got a work out over there! Whilst checking out coolboom recently I came across the fitout for The Folly restaurant located in east London. It is described as a 'botanically inspired haven' which also boasts a flower shop. I am particularly enamoured with the signage. I am liking the use of the lime green against the grey backdrop, very tres chic! The Folly does remind me of similar fitouts in Australia particularly those designed by Hecker Guthrie. There is very much a style that has evolved of recent, which seems to be based on a 50's garden party.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...